Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home Management Binder - Printable Tabs

Yesterday I shared my Home Management Binder Cover Page with you. Today I would like to share some printable tabs that I made up. Although it would have been just as easy to buy some tabs, I wanted mine to match my cover page.


The download is two pages long and includes all of the same colors that are on the cover page.

Here is how I made the tabs for my binder.

Download and print the tabs on normal paper. Cut the tabs out then fold in half and place between your laminating sheets and run through your laminator. (or you could use an iron if you don't have a laminating machine)  When cutting your tabs, cut about 1/8th of an inch away from the paper around the top part of your tab. When cutting around the bottom part of the tab you will need to cut right along the edge of the paper. This will keep the top part of the tab together but will allow the bottom flaps to separate, making it easier to glue to your chosen paper. Hopefully the picture below will make more sense if you are confused.



Once you have your tabs laminated and cut out slide them onto the edge of your chosen paper and glue in place. After the tabs are dry, punch holes in your paper and add your tabs to your binder.

The best part about these laminated tabs is that I can write on them with permanent marker and I don't have to worry about smudging the ink or the paper tabs falling out (like most of the store bought ones). However, if I decide I need to change a category, I just spray it with a small amount of hair spray and the permanent marker wipes right off.



If you are joining me in making your own binder, please be sure to take photos and blog about it. At the end of the month I will be having a link party were you will be able to link up your own home management binders. 

If you would like to share these printables with your readers you can snag the button below and place somewhere on your blog or in your post (although this is not required, I would appreciate it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment