Thursday, March 7, 2013

DIY Deodorant

Have you checked out the list of ingredients on your health care products lately? The amount of chemicals that we expose our bodies to can be pretty scary. Over the past couple years I have been limiting the amount of chemicals that my family uses in our home. A few of the changes I have made include cleaning with vinegar and making my own laundry detergent.

When Amanda from Vintage Savior Faire sent me a link to her DIY Coconut Lime Deodorant, I was intrigued. On Amanda's post she lists some common ingredients found in deodorant and a few of the effects they can have on your body. Scary!!

Everyone's body is different and while this recipe may not work for you, it is definitely a good starting point for anyone who wants to make their own deodorant.

Head on over to Vintage Savior Faire for the recipe. There are some great suggestions in the comment section as well.
 
 

Here at DIY Home Sweet Home I am always looking for new and creative ideas. Do you have a crafty tutorial, recipe, or other DIY project that you would like to share? Please fill out the 'Get Featured' form or you can join me on Mondays for my weekly MMM Link Party.



No comments:

Post a Comment